Saturday, August 10, 2013

Easy Donuts

I've been staying with my parents this summer, before I start graduate school. I am leaving next week and my dad wanted to have one last crazy father/daughter activity with me. We decided to make our own donuts. The prospect made me a little weary, as some neighbors of mine had started a rather big fire doing the same thing.

My dad's recipe, however was far less risky, and was an easy and fun activity. I thought I would share it with you. This picture is of our leftovers. We ended up with fifty or sixty minute donuts and shared them with family and friends.


 Dad's Easy Mini Donuts

Ingredients:

  • 1 pack of Pillsbury Biscuits
  • 1 Cup of Sugar
  • 1/3 Cup Cinnamon  
  • 4 Cups Vegetable Oil

How It's Done:

  1. Thaw out  biscuits
  2. Heat oven burner to high
  3. Pour oil into pot and put on burner
  4. Mix sugar and cinnamon together into a bowl
  5. Roll out biscuits into tiny balls
  6. Place in oil for a minute and half
  7. Turn and let sit for a minute and a half
  8. Lift from oil and let cool for thirty seconds
  9. Roll around in cinnamon sugar-mix
  10. Let cool and eat
You can probably roll in icing and then sprinkles, but we did not try that. In ways, I hope you enjoy these donuts as much as I did.


No comments:

Post a Comment